Ep. 3: Thank You For Your Service
In this latest episode of After Action, Max and Paul have a special guest on the show: Jason Hall.
Jason wrote the blockbuster hit film “American Sniper” starring Bradley Cooper, and most recently, wrote and directed “Thank You For Your Service,” a new film based on the true story of a group of soldiers after their return home from the 2007-2008 Iraq War surge.
Starring Miles Teller, “Thank You For Your Service” highlights the struggles of Sgt. Adam Schumann and how he second-guesses decisions he made in Iraq, along with a number of his fellow soldiers as they transition from war to home.
We talk about a lot more than just Jason’s new film. In this episode, we chat about Max’s undying love for Jurassic Park, Paul’s reasoning as to why Empire Strikes Back is the best Star Wars film, and Jason talks about his favorite military movies that apparently we were supposed to have watched but never did.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Thank You For Your Service film, premiering Oct. 27
- Active-duty service members can see the film at AMC Theaters for FREE the day before it opens. Check out the details here.
- The film is based on the book of the same name by journalist David Finkel. It’s a follow-up to Finkel’s previous book, The Good Soldiers
- Jason’s favorite military film: “The Battle of Algiers”
- It’s also a favorite of Gen. Stanley McChrystal
- He recommends watching “Come and See” and “The Best Years of Our Lives.“
Please do us a huge favor: leave us a review and subscribe to the podcast with your favorite podcast app, so you will be notified of future episodes.
For sponsorship opportunities, please contact Paul at paul [at] duffelmedia.net.